Why Grow Tea in the US - Why Now
Day & Time:
Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
Historically the USA has been unsuccessful in creating a tea growing industry - so why are so many newbie growers now planting tea? Are they crazy? - or have the seen the light? What has changed to make US tea growing work at last?
- What are the drivers behind the artisanal specialty tea growing trend?
- How have these affected specialty tea growing around the world?
- What's happening now in the USA?
- What's happening now in California?
- The importance of the UC Davis Global Tea Initiative to specialty tea globally
Nigel Melican (Teacraft Ltd) and Mark Gaskell (UC - ANR) will explain, discuss, and answer your questions. Tea sage James Norwood Pratt will help moderate the discussion.