NW Tea Festival Volunteer Infomation Page
The NW Tea Festival is quickly approaching and we need your help!
This year will be our Tenth Anniversary, so it will be a very special occasion!
Please join us and help with the actual running of this year's NW Tea Festival by becoming a festival volunteer.
As a volunteer you will have a great experience - plan on drinking and learning about some excellent teas as well as meeting and working with some terrific people. As a thank you for giving your time to the 2017 NW Tea Festival, you will receive free admission to the festival, a tasting cup, a 2017 festival t-shirt, and a bag for all of your goodies.
All positions require multiple hours of being on your feet standing or walking and/or light to moderate lifting.
We have divided each day into two time slots or shifts - 9:00 am to 2:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm. We are unable to accommodate partial shift requests at this time.
Please understand we will do the best we can assigning your roles. We cannot guarantee we can accommodate all of your wishes and we appreciate your flexibility while we develop the schedule.
There are many volunteer opportunities available - For example, some of the past roles have been:
- Tasting booths - help the folks running the tastings at the booth (fetching water, cleanup, etc.)
- Stage and workshop wangler - help presenters set up and clean up after their presentations and workshops, assist with troubleshooting during presentations/workshops
- Swag help - handing out festival bags and tasting cups to festival attendees
- "Tea Mum" - serve tea to attendees in the exhibit area
- Line management/control - guiding attendees through registration, tasting booths, etc.
- Runners/floaters - "other duties as assigned"
Some duties - such as registration, tea brewing, information desk, and any position handling money - are assigned separately to experienced individuals.
If you are interested in these volunteer opportunities, please send us some basic information about yourself and availability by completing the following brief Questionnaire
- 2017 NW Tea Festival Volunteer Sign Up Questionnaire -
Thank you for your interest in helping us with the tenth annual Northwest Tea Festival. We cannot make the festival happen without your help!
Should you have further questions about the Northwest Tea Festival that are not answered above, do not hesitate to send those questions to -
Chris O'Dowd at -