Etiquette of Tea
Day & Time:
Saturday, September 30, 2017 -
12:30pm to 1:30pm
This session will cover:
- Brief history of tea which will include how tea began in China and spread to Europe and America, The Boston Tea Party, Anna Maria Stanhope (The Duchess of Bedford), Queen Victoria's role in taking tea, and more.
- Styles of tea service such as High Tea, Afternoon Tea, Low Tea, The "Elevenses" and more.
- Discussion as to the "proper tea time".
- Demonstrate enjoying an afternoon at a teahouse which would include making an entrance, introducing yourself and others, information on wearing gloves, how to handshake properly, how to take your seat at the table, and knowledge of where to place your purse, briefcase, eyeglasses and eyeglass case.
- Show the proper way to set a tea table and what to do once seated.
- Demonstrate napkin usage and placement.
- Demonstrate the proper way to enjoy eating scones and sipping tea.
Max 30 participants